February 2017 Meeting Minutes
WV British Car Club
Minutes of Meeting
February 4th, 2017
Golden Corral, Cross Lanes, WV
The meeting was called to order by President Bill Michael.
Sixteen members were in attendance: Bill Michael, Jim Lee, Kevin Roberts, Dave Neil, Jim Patrick, Dan Blackwood, Steve Ewing, Jamie Chenoweth, Mark Mason, Richard Stephenson, Larry Stonestreet, George White, Earl and Debbie Arentz, Charlie Justice and Cindra Justice.
No old business was mentioned.
New Business discussed:
1. Two sympathy cards were passed around for Jamie Chenoweth in the loss of his father and one for Kevin in the loss of his father-in-law.
2. Jamie Chenoweth gave a Treasurer’s Report of $1,376.09.
3. A door prize will be given at each Car Club Meeting. This month: Advance Auto Parts in St. Albans donated a Meguiar's clay bar kit. Bill will send a “Thank You” for the kind donation. In the future prizes will be purchased for this. Jamie mentioned that there is a new O’Reilly’s Auto Part Store in Kanawha City.
4. The International Car Show was discussed. It was January 27th - 29th, 2017. Bill said more attention was given to the classic cars this year than before. Both Danny Jones and Ruth Lemon mentioned them on Danny Jones radio show. It was a good showing for the club.
5. The February Pistons & Pints will be held at Fazio’s on February 16th at 6pm. Please come and enjoy some good food and good friends. Please let Bill know if you will be attending so reservations can be confirmed.
6. The Greenbrier Councours d’Elegance will be September 22 - 24, 2017. An email has already gone out about that. It should be a very nice event.
7. Dan and Jim Blackwood will be hosting the British V-8 Meet June 7th - 10th, 2017. It will be held in Lewisburg, WV. Rooms will be at the Quality Inn. It will begin with check in Wednesday with many activities each day through Saturday evening with dinner and an auction. Cost per night is $85.
8. The 50th Anniversary of the MGC Meet will be in Abingdon, VA September 29th through October 2nd. It will be at Hungry Mother State Park cost is $35.00. Special rates are available at the Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites.
9. Kevin Roberts is looking for a job. If anyone has any leads for him please pass those along.
10. For sale: Kevin Roberts has an ‘89 Jaguar XJ6 and an XJSC.
Jamie knows of an MGB Engine and Transmissions for sale - cheap.
11. George White won the door prize.