May Meeting Minutes
May Meeting Minutes
WV British Car Club
Minutes of Meeting
May 12, 2108
Golden Corral, Cross Lanes, WV
Members Present were: Bill Michael, George White, Dan Blackwood, Barry McCoy, David Neil, Larry Stonestreet, Kevin Roberts, Ken Rubin, Richard Reese, Jamie Chenowith, David Chenowith, Charles & Cindra Justice, Steve Ewing, Don & Susan Jeffers, Bob Wright, William Hall.
The meeting was called to order by President, Bill Michael at 9:30AM.
Bill opened the meeting by first greeting all those present, then going over the past weekend’s Greenbrier Car Show, starting with the drive to Lewisburg on Friday afternoon up Route 60 and capping the evening with dinner at Food & Friends in Lewisburg. Saturday was car club day and we had a half dozen cars entered which were arranged along the Old White Golf Course. Saturday evening, Bill Hall hosted a cookout (actually a cook-in due to rain) at Doug Myer’s home on the Greenbrier river just outside Ronceverte. On Sunday the Concours event was held around the front parking area of the Resort. We were well represented with Larry Stonestreet’s beautifully restored ’62 model Triumph Tr4. We are already looking forward to next year’s show!
Bill lead a discussion of upcoming car shows:
- Waynesboro, VA 1st weekend in October (this is same weekend as Doo Wop in Charleston)
- Complimentary salt bags were handed out to those that participated in the Malden parade last year.
- The Carlyle, PA British car show is this coming weekend.
- The Central Ohio car show in Columbus is May 20th.
- The British V8 club has its annual meeting July 11th in Dayton, OH
- Dayton also has a big show 1st weekend in August
- Bill also related that Kevin Roberts will be opening his own garage soon on Roxalana Road in Charleston. The garage will be named KARS ( Kevin’s Auto Repair Service)
- We will have our annual Spring Hawks Nest cruise Saturday June 16th. We discussed doing a lunch at the Glen Ferris Inn or a cookout, if a shelter can be rented.
- We will have our monthly Pistons & Pints Saturday, May 19th at the Marti Gras casino. The Esquires are performing from 8 – 11PM. We will meet at 7PM for dinner.
- Jamie Chenowith gave a treasure’s report: We have approx $2,700 in the club fund and 45 members.
- We have been invited once again to bar-tend at the East Bank reunion this coming September. This normally beings in around $500 for the club for our efforts.
President Michael adjourned the meeting at 10:30AM for the after meeting kibitzing session in the parking lot..
Wm Hall, Secretary