June Meeting Minutes
WV British Car Club
Minutes of Meeting
June 2, 2108
Golden Corral, Cross Lanes, WV
Members Present were: Bill Michael, Dan Blackwood, David Neil, Larry Stonestreet, Ken Rubin, Charles & Cindra Justice, Don & Susan Jeffers, Bob Wright, Mark Mason, Don Fugate, Richard Stephenson, Mark White, Jimmy Lee, Larry Kopleman, William Hall.
The meeting was called to order by President, Bill Michael at 9:35AM.
Bill opened the meeting by first greeting all those present, then leading a discussion of upcoming events.
First up is June’s Pistons & Pints, hosted by Charles & Cindra Justice, on Friday, June 15 at 6:00PM at the Law Firm of Hill, Peterson, Carper, Bee & Deitzler located at Northgate Park in Charleston (500 Tracy Way). Barbeque, drinks and other items are to be furnished by the Justices, and reimbursed by the club. Also, entertainment is to be provided by Rob McNurlin and his Beatnick Cowboys. As this is a work day, club members are asked to come no earlier than 5:30PM. Should anyone want to bring a food item, please coordinate with Cindra.
The annual Spring Cruise to Hawks Nest originally scheduled for Saturday June 16th, has been moved up a week to June 23rd. We are to meet at 9:00AM on the lot next to the 7/11 at the Greenbrier Street exit. As the picnic shelter was unavailable for a cookout, we will decide where to have lunch on the day of the cruise: several restaurants in Fayetteville were mentioned as possibilities.
Bill then lead a discussion of upcoming car shows:
- June 16th: Father’s Day car show in Clendenin
- July 6 – 15: Pittsburgh Vintage GP at Schenley Park. The GP is on the 14th, which is also British car day. The MGC Registry has 30 rooms blocked off at the Quality Inn for $95/night – approx 10 left now (located on 15 Rodi Road). Should be approx 3K cars at the event. The Western PA Triumph Assoc sponsors the event. Kas Kastner is to be there as the race is designated as this year’s Kastner Cup event. You may obtain more information at PVGP.org.
- August 4th: Dayton, OH - British car show
- August 17 & 18: Rally in the Valley – 2 day event at the Putnam Valley Park (Hurricane Wave Pool). The Esquires (featuring our member Larry Kopleman) are performing Friday evening from 6 – 9 PM. There will be a car show on Saturday.
- Update on Kevin’s new garage: Kevin estimates within two months he will have his new building, located on Roxalana Drive, open for business. There was a discussion of organizing a work party to assist him with whatever task(s) he needs help with – Bill will discuss this with Kevin to see if he has a need that we can help with.
- July & August possibilities for Pistons & Pints: July – Quaker State & Lube was popular with the members. August possibility is the Fly-in Café, located at the Robert Newlon airport off Route 2.
The meeting was adjourned by President Michaels at 10:05 to the parking lot for the customary tire kicking, etc.
Wm Hall, Secretary