WV British Car Club
Minutes of Meeting
February 2, 2019
Golden Corral, Cross Lanes, WV
The meeting was called to order by President Bill Michael.
Nineteen members were in attendance. They were Bill Michael, Kevin Roberts, Dave Neil, Jim Patrick, Dan Blackwood, Mark Mason, Jamie Chenoweth, Wes Holliday, Earl Arentz, Nathan Arnett, Barry McCoy, Sam Gibson, Ken Rubin, Jack and Beverly Sampson, Don and Susan Jeffers, Charlie and Cindra Justice.
Bill Michael welcomed everyone to the February meeting. Bill introduced new member Sam Gibson and had everyone introduce themselves and their British Cars.
New Business discussed:
1. The West Virginia International Car show is coming up next weekend ( February 8- 10th at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center. With the new remodeling being done there were not enough spaces open for us to be offered any spaces to display cars. Larry Bailey was in charge of those spots and already has those filled.
2. Bill mentioned he had invited Bent Wheel Solutions to speak at our meeting and they had not responded about coming. He explained what they did. Other members expressed their experiences with them.
3. The North American MGB Registry was discussed. Paperwork to continue our membership in that has been filled out and submitted. This is how we are able to have insurance for our club. We must maintain at least 8 members from our club in their organization to qualify to do that.
4. Bill reminded us of Charles Runyon, of The Roadster Factory, passing away. A letter of condolence was sent to Charles' son from the club.
5. Ken Rubin brought up “The Gathering.” A British car show held at Shelton Vineyards in Dobson, NC. The dates for that show are April 12- 14. If you are planning to attend you should make your reservations right away. It is a very nice show at a lovely location.
6. There was some discussion about the upcoming British V-8 Event in June. It will be held in Wytheville, VA June 2 - 4, 2019.
7. The annual Valentine Dinner will be held, on February 14th, at Angela’s on the River. Start time is 6 pm. Please let Bill Michael know if you are attending so seating can be arranged. We will have a private room. Three gifts will be given to three lucky ladies. Gifts will be valued at $25, $50 and $100.
8. Richard Stephenson is hosting a cruise March 16th to the Yacht Club, in Ripley. Lunch about 11:30 with a tour possibly following next door at the distillery. Also, pictures at the covered bridge with our cars. More details to follow.
9. Several members showed interest in once again seeing Bill Davis’s cars. Bill will contact him to see if we can schedule a Saturday to do that.
10. Charlie Justice suggested forming a cruise committee to set up cruises for the spring and summer. Bill asked Charlie to be in charge of that and work on getting volunteers to help. He accepted and will be getting suggestions for places people want to go.
11. The Greenbrier Concours d’Elegance is May 3 - 5, 2019. More information to follow on that.
12. Club Spring Picnic April 27th at Kevin’s Garage. More details to follow.
13. Ken Rubin will try to set up an evening of beer and bowling for March 21st - 6pm.
At Venture Lanes. More details on that next month.
14. June 20th Pistons and Pints at Kevin’s garage for MG owners from other states on their way to the National MG Meet in Michigan.
15. Bill Hall and Jim Patrick will be planning an overnight cruise to Pocahontas County coming up later in the summer or early fall.