December Meeting Minutes
West Virginia British Car Club
December Meeting: 12/3/2016 9:30 AM at the Golden Corral, Crosslanes, WV.
At 9:30 the meeting was called to order by out-going President Dan Blackwood.
The following were in attendance: Dan Blackwood, Bill Michael, Barry McCoy, David Neil, John Riffe, Mark Mason, Kevin Roberts, Richard Stephenson, Earl Arnetz, Charles & Cindra Justice, Larry Copleman, Larry Stonestreet, Wm Hall
Dan presided in the Swearing In of the newly elected officers: Bill Michael, Pres, Kevin Roberts, V. Pres., Jamie Chenowith, Treas. (in –absentia), Wm Hall, Secy. The new officers swore allegiance to the preservation and advancement of Vintage British Cars by placing hands upon the publication: British Auto Legends.
Newly elected President Bill Michael led a discussion of upcoming events:
- Christmas Party:
To be held December 10th 6:00PM hosted by Charles & Cindra Justice at the law firm of Hill, Peterson, Carper, Bee & Deitzler, PLLC. There will be food, entertainment and a White Elephant Gift exchange . An email will go out to confirm attendance and side dishes members to bring.
- WV International Car Show - Charleston Civic Center
- British V8 Meet in Lewisburg:
June 7-11, 2107, Dan & Jim Blackwood, Held at Brier Inn, Lewisburg. Brier Inn, Lewisburg, host hotel. Hawk’s Nest picnic on Saturday – volunteers from the club needed. Sat PM banquet
Sept 27, 28, 29, 2017 at Greenbrier, possible club involvement
- Doo-Wop – Charleston Oct 4-8, 2017
- MGC Registry meet coming up 9/29 to 10/1, 2017 in Abingdon, VA at the Comfort Suites. Car show & luncheon @ Hungry Mother State Park Lake, Sat. 50th anniversary of the MGC Registry, other British makes to be invited. Activities: road trip – Bristol, TN, Country Music Museum tour, Barter Theater show, etc.
-East Bank Reunion – 9/29/17 Our club will work the cash bar for as a fund-raiser as in past years.
- SVBCC British British Car Festival: Waynesboro, VA Oct 6-7, 2017 Same weekend as Doo-WOP in Charleston
Adjourned around 10:15 and commenced with “kick the tire” sessions.
William Hall, Secretary