WV British Car Club Minutes of Meeting April 6, 2019 Golden Corral, Cross Lanes, WV
The meeting was called to order by President Bill Michael.
Members in attendance: Bill Michael, Dave Neil, Jim Patrick, Dan Blackwood, Steve Ewing, Mark Mason, George White, Ken Rubin, Don and Susan Jeffers, Steve Doty, Don and Sharon Gross, Charles Hypes, Mark White, Barry McCoy, Kevin Roberts, Earl Arentz, Dan Blackwood, Nick Konnovitch, Bob Wright, Charlie Justice and Cindra Justice. We also had Randy Albright from SprayMax.
Old Business discussed:
Wonderful cruise in March to the Yacht Club arranged by Richard Stephenson and our bowling evening arranged by Ken Rubin.
New Business discussed:
1. Concours d’Elegance at the Greenbrier is coming up. It will be held May 3rd – 5th. Several people are planning to attend. Room reservations can be made at the Quality Inn in Lewisburg. Saturday night Bill Hall and his friend, Doug Myers, are planning dinner like last year. Bill will forward information to those going as it becomes available. 2. Our next trip will be this coming weekend to the Dobson, North Carolina. For The Gathering, at Shelton Vineyards. This is a car show sponsored by the NC and SC British car clubs. Those planning on going will meet at The Daniel Boone Park on Friday April 12th, departure will be at 9 am. Lunch will be in Hinton at Kirk’s instead of The Market. Steve Ewing has arranged this for us. If you are not able to make the full trip to Dobson, you can join the group for the trip to Hinton and return home. Dinner reservations are made for those attending The Gathering in Dobson and the group will return on Sunday.
3. Barry McCoy filled us in on changes in the Hagerty Insurance. Everyone will need to select their own choice of policy. There are new rates with their new Hagerty Driving Club, starting at $45 per year.
4. The May meeting will be May 11 due to the Car show at the Greenbrier. It will be held at Golden Corral, as usual.
5. The April Pistons and Pints will be at Kevin’s Garage in Dunbar for a cook out. It will be April 27th- at noon.
6. Many members are looking forward to a Hawk’s Nest cruise. Cruise director Charlie Justice will be working on that and has some other drives being planned for the warmer months.
7. No further business to discuss.
Bill turned the meeting over to Randy Albright, sales representative for Peter Kwasny/SprayMax Paint. His presentation was very interesting and informative.
Cindra Justice Reporting