Updated: Feb 21, 2020
WV British Car Club
Minutes of Meeting
February 1, 2020 Golden Corral, Cross Lanes, WV
The meeting was called to order by Treasurer, Jamie Chenoweth.
Members in attendance: Jamie Chenoweth, Dan Blackwood, Dave Neil, Mark Mason, Jim Lee, Steve Reed, Don and Susan Jeffers, Marty Martin, Jack and Beverly Sampson, Mark Robinson, Bob Denyer, Barry McCoy, Richard Sinclair, Roger McCoy, Earl Arentz, Charles Hypes, Nathan Arnett, Dave Chenoweth, Kevin Haloran, Charlie Justice and Cindra Justice.
Jamie began with a Treasurer’s Report: 37 paid members to date and $2700 in our bank account.
The Cars and Coffee at the IHOP was an enjoyable event. Nine members attended. The next one will be February 22, at Bob Evans, in Teays Valley at 9 AM. Going with a little later time.
Our January Pints and Pistons at Mark Mason’s was also a great success. We had 22 members attend. It was a nice evening of pizza and fellowship.
Jack Sampson thanked the club for the opportunity to represent the club, with his car at the WV International Car Show in January.
New Business discussed:
1. - The founding members are busy working and planning our 10 year Celebration. More news to come on that. A date will be set for warmer weather.
2. - Our annual Valentine Day Dinner will be February 14th at Angela’s on the River, in St. Albans. Social time will begin at 6 pm and dinner to follow about 6:30. This year it will be a buffet of Baked Steak and Baked Chicken. Price will be $21.95 per person. This will include dessert, coffee or tea. Beer, wine or cocktails are extra. There will be a drawing for three ladies gifts. Please RSVP so we have a correct number going.
3. - World of Wheels will be March 6-8 at the Huntington Big Sandy Arena. We usually have some members participate.
4. - Please check out the Car Club Mall Web Site. It’s looking easy to use if you want any monogrammed items.
5. - Discussion was continued about name badges. More info to come on those. The
th British V8 show is in St. Louis in June this year. The Gathering is April 17 , in
6. - Jamie shared about work on his car. Barry mentioned getting an automatic garage door opener and how much easier it was. The British V8 show is in St. Louis in June this year. The Gathering in April 17th in Dobson, NC.
Club tech session was given by Charles Hypes. He discussed hubs, lug studs and lug nuts. More tech sessions to come.
7. - No further business to discuss. Next club meeting is March 7th at Golden Corral, 9:30 am.
Cindra Justice Reporting